While following the meal plan on this website, it is important to drink plenty of water. It is recommended you drink 1.5 – 2.0 litres of water a day. Add fresh mint or slices of lemon or cucumber to plain water if desired.
The meals and snacks in this plan provide an average total of 1800kcal per day which means that in addition to your water intake you may consume beverages that total 200Kcal.
Calorie (Kcal) content of some popular drinks (the Kcal figures have been rounded slightly for easy reference):
- Mug of coffee, black (350ml): 5Kcal
- Mug of coffee (350ml), milky with semi-skimmed milk: 50Kcal
- Mug of black tea, (350ml): 1Kcal
- Mug of tea (350ml), with semi-skimmed milk: 25Kcal
- Glass of low calorie fruit squash (200ml): 2Kcal
- Glass of orange juice (200ml): 75Kcal
- Glass of dairy milk, semi-skimmed (200ml): 90Kcal
- Glass of unsweetened soya milk (200ml): 50Kcal
- Glass of Alpro unsweetened almond milk (200ml): 25Kcal
- Glass of Alpro strawberry soya milk drink (200ml): 125Kcal
- Innocent smoothie (250ml): 170Kcal